Summer is coming and the kids will soon be whining about being bored. How do you combat this, and on a budget? I’m here to help you out with a list of 12 dollar store finds that will definitely help you entertain your kids all summer long!
1.Make your kid’s bike more fun by strapping on a dollar store basket. Oh, the fun things they can use that for!
3. Get a bunch of pool noodles from your local dollar store to create a pool noodle obstacle course. You’ll keep your kids and their friends busy all summer long!
4. Easily turn a pool noodle into a fun sprinkler for those hot days ahead.
5. Get a shower curtain and tape from the dollar store, and turn it into a fun outdoor tic-tac-toe game! You’ll also need Frisbees. This game is challenging enough to keep the kids from getting bored.
6. Don’t forget that chores are an important part of keeping kids busy during the summer, make it fun by letting them help you make up some dollar store chore baskets.
9. Teach kids a love of gardening early on with a play garden just for them. Love this idea!
10. Make a sweet bird bath with dollar store finds, and teach the kids a love of birdwatching. They’ll love watching to see what kinds of birds visit their birdbath during the summer months ahead.
12. For those summer road trips, get a dollar store baking sheet, chalk and some magnetic letters. Paint the baking sheet with chalkboard paint and you’ve got a travel chalkboard perfect for the little kids!