- Rustoleum has a fabric/vinyl paint that can be used. Also, you can find a leather paint on turtlefeathers.net that is called angelus paint.
- Clean the chair really good first. This goes for most painting projects, as the paint adheres to the surface much easier.
- Use a spray paint that is intended for vinyl surfaces.
- Spray paint very light coats and let dry completely in between. You can even use a damp cloth to gently wipe the surface in between coats to pick up any paint that has not bee absorbed
- Paint many coats for best results. This is a project that requires a little patience. It is easier to get runs when spray painting vinyl or leather, because it is not a very absorbent surface. Be sure to do more coats, but much lighter coats than you normally would on other surfaces.
Can you believe how easy this is? What a great way to revive an old furniture accent! I can’t wait to do this for my new office.
There are other great ways to rehab a leather chair. Check out these great projects!