I have some floral pillows in my living room (that I love, by the way) and I usually put them away for the winter. My husband can’t understand it, bless his heart. He thinks it is the goofiest thing ever that I can’t have my floral pillows (or my yellow ones) out when we have 4 feet of snow outside. BUT. My tulips are in full bloom and it makes me very happy! I put away the gray pillows this week and added my pillow garden back to my couches. Yay!
I found a fun article in BHG about blooming rooms, and I could totally relate. Here are some great ways to infuse your garden or greenhouse right in your own living room.
– Decorate your fireplace with potted plants
– Line mantel with foliage, greens or clipped flowers from your garden
– Faux wood (or real) add a rustic/garden feel with wood picture frames, mirror, vase, plant pot
– Garden imagery or paintings
– Garden/floral pillows
– Textured planters or burlap elements for an earthy feel
– Centerpieces with wispy flowers or greens
– Decorate with twigs or dogwood
One of my favorite earthy/garden arrangements is a short square shaped vase with flowers (Gerber daisies?) lining the outside and long twigs of African Dogwood shooting up in the center. It would look superb on a coffee table or end table. Or at my wedding 8 years ago- and it did look superb 🙂
Join me, while I infuse my whole house with summer, won’t you!?