Looking for a fun weekend craft? Pick up a canvas and some basic craft supplies from the store and go to town! Check out these examples for some inspiration:
1. 3-D letters on canvas. You could experiment with colors and fonts. This is a great way to display your favorite quote.
2. Use multiple canvases to create one image. Love the whale! Perfect for a nursery!
3. Splatter paint canvas. Simple DIY art—simply spread the colors all over however you like.
4. Mod Podge magazine letters or images to make a collage.
5. Lay down some lace and then spray paint over it. Pull of the lace and reveal the awesome design!
6. This is a classic art project—the process is almost more fun than the end result! Tape or tack paint-filled balloons to a canvas and pop them using darts. Let the paint splatter wherever it goes and see how it turns out!
7. Mount 3-D object onto a canvas for artwork that “pops” out!
8. Button design on canvas. (Inspired by this Etsy shop).
9. Think outside the paint—cover a canvas in yarn! Love the eclectic look of this.
10. Cover your canvas in painter’s tape before you paint it—you could do random lines, a design, image, or word! Looks awesome when you pull the tape off!
Don’t these just look fun? I kind of want to try them all. But then my entire house will be filled with canvas. Oh well!