Creative Garage Organization Ideas
Looking to tackle the daunting task of organizing your garage? Have no fear! Here are some fun and helpful tips to get your garage looking spic and span:
- -First, decide what you do and don’t want to keep. One organization specialist suggested only keeping those items you have used within the last 3 years.
- -Put everything you want to keep in clear bins and label them with an erasable pen in case you want to change it later.
- -Put similar boxed items together (sporting equipment, camping gear, tools, etc.)
- -Use wire shelving with wheels on bottom for easy moving.
- -Use cabinets to hide boxes for a cleaner, more organized look or use curtains for even easier concealing!
- -Store poisonous items in locked cabinets.
- -Use heavy-duty hooks for storing bikes, ladders, and other heavy items on the wall or ceiling.
- -Slatted walls allow you to mount cabinets, bins and hooks easily. You won’t have to make holes in your drywall and you can move storage items around the room.
- -Use pegboard for storing tools.
- -Store seasonal items on higher shelves because you don’t use them as often as other items.
- -Install adjustable shelves to accommodate different-sized items.
- -Paint squares on the wall to designate the spot for certain items. Mount small buckets and bins sideways to store items that are difficult to store on hooks. Use a -sideways-mounted round bucket to store a hose and put the heads inside.
- -Use old trash cans or buckets to store messy items like animal food, sand, and salt.
- -Use metal spice containers with clear lids to store small items like screws, bolts, and nails. Mount the containers on a slat of magnet when not in use.
- -Create holes in a wooden wall mount large enough to hold small buckets. Use the buckets to store scissors, seed packets, or other small items.
Tags: garage organization, organization ideas