Ok, I have said it probably no less than a million times, but I love paint. It is so inexpensive, and makes such a big difference in your home. I have chosen paint as a medium to transform previous homes before, and there is no better place to start. Here are 5 ways you can transform your home using only paint:
1. Paint your cabinets- This will make a huge difference! Take those 1990s golden retriever oak cabinets and give them a nice coat of paint. This is a great way to update your kitchen and make it pop. My personal fave is white, but to each their own 🙂
2. Paint your walls– Please, for the love of all that is holy, do not leave your entire house one color. Fine, you can. But I can’t guarantee that people won’t get bored and fall asleep in it 🙂 Paint whole rooms, or just accent walls, but spice it up with some color! It doesn’t have to look like a Dr. Seuss house, add a little at a time.
3. Paint furniture. Before you go looking for a new dresser because yours is “outdated”- paint it! What do you have to lose? A fresh color and coat of paint can go a looong way on a dresser, entertainment center, etc.
4. Paint old tile– If you are trying to update your house on a budget, you can use a tile paint/epoxy that can do wonders for your outdated sky blue bathroom tile. Except that sky blue is “in” now, so…. Anyway, it makes a huge difference and is a great temporary fix or upgrade while you try to sell or even buy a few years before replacing your tile.
5. Paint your floors- This is true. You can actually paint certain floors. If you have laminate, or concrete or even tile floors, you can paint them and make them amazing. I am a HUGE fan of painted concrete floors, so I would definitely do this to a basement floor, or other floors. There are a few really great products for painting on laminate flooring. Good option.