Nowadays, you can buy jeans with strategically placed holes, but what about the holes you don’t want? Kids are especially great at wearing through the knees of their jeans. Today I’ve got some great DIY crafts to patch up jeans. They’re so much fun, you shouldn’t be surprised if your kids go looking for holes for you to patch. Take a look!
1.The main gist of this post is that if you’re going to patch up holey jeans, you may as well make them look fun. It’s too hard to try and patch jeans so that no one can tell there’s a patch. Little boys will love monster patches!
2. Kids always seem to outgrow the length of their jeans before they outgrow the waist. Here’s a way to patch those holey knees and add some much-needed length to the jeans at the same time.
4. One of the most annoying holes appears in the crotch of your favorite jeans. I’ve always figured you have to throw them out when that happens, but that’s not true. You just need a sewing machine set to a zig zag stitch.
5. Some holes you want, but when they get a little too revealing, just add a lace patch. This DIY craft idea is really cute!
6. Click the corresponding link at the end of this post for a good tutorial on patching jeans.
7. Patches are hard to hide, so you may as well paint them with your kids’ favorite designs.
8. Turn boot cut jeans into skinny jeans, and add some floral patches for fun. You’ll find the link to a tutorial at the end of this post.
9. I love the idea of a super hero peeking through the hole in boys’ jeans! These are custom, so you could easily make a princess patch for girls.
10. Any piece of fabric you like can be used for a “peek-a-boo” style patch. Add some embroidery to jazz up the jeans around your patch.
Here are the promised links for the DIY crafts ideas featured in this post!
Inside Nana Bread’s Head monster patches
Melly Sews patch + lengthen kids’ jeans
Brit + Co how to add leather cuffs
Confetti Ave jeans repair
Tonya Staab how to patch holes with lace
Merrick’s Art how to patch jeans tutorial
Ricochet and Away painted patches
One Little Momma DIY floral patched jeans
Smile Like You Mean It super hero patches
Lilyquilt how to use any fabric to patch jeans