Everyone wants to have a great backyard, but not everyone can throw as much money at it as they want. Fortunately, there are some amazing backyard projects that will give you a great look without going to huge expense. Here are 10 budget backyard DIYs to start you off right!
1.You really can espalier a tree, and your neighbors will think you spent a lot of money to have it done. In actuality, it’s an inexpensive DIY project that is perfect for jazzing up a blank wall. See how to create a living fence like this at Better Homes and Gardens.
2. One of the quickest and easiest DIY projects for your backyard living space is to add lights. The sparkle and appeal really does go a long way, with only a little cost.
3. Make your own stepping stones to add character and fun to your garden space.
4. The leftovers at your local stone supplier are a great option for low-cost retaining walls and walkways. Dry stack them for a natural look that blends right in with the surroundings.
5. Search local flea markets and thrift shops to find vintage landscaping elements like this simple arbor.
6. Plant a few beautiful lemongrass plants around your patio to help keep mosquitoes at bay.
7. Get some old planters from a thrift shop and then paint them with glow-in-the-dark spray paint. Then enjoy the light show every evening!
8. You don’t need to spend a lot on extra seating for entertaining. Just use some old metal folding chairs spray painted in bright, fun colors. Awesome!
9. You can effectively repurpose an old tree stump without having to remove it. Depending on its location in your yard, you can turn an old stump into a table, or pretty it up with flowers.
10. Create a romantic little backyard nook or a cozy reading spot with old sheets.