I absolutely love the idea of stenciling! Such a fun way to add intrigue and beauty to a room. It seems pretty daunting though, so I’m probably going to start with a small project. No matter what you’re ready for, here are some ideas to get you in the mood for stenciling:
- Instead of stenciling a whole wall, just do a couple of patterned blocks or a single design above your bed or other furniture.
- Geometric patterns look very dynamic in black and white or color. Some are more dramatic than others–depending on the background and stencil colors, you can make it look louder or more subtle.
- Stencil on large, floral images or other designs. Rather than a continuous design of geometric shapes, consider stenciling large shapes that catch your eye in a more random order.
- Stencil your dresser or desk. You can stencil on words (label your drawers “shirts”, “pants”, etc. OR put a cutsie saying on your desk) as well as designs.
- Stencil your staircase! So awesome! Cheer yourself up while you’re hiking the stairs for the umpteenth time during the day!
- Stencil on the ceiling–looks especially awesome when the design frames a chandelier.
- Stencil the inside of shelves (works best if the shelves aren’t stuffed full, of course).